ABOUT THE DIVERSITY LEADERSHIP COUNCIL (DLC)
WHAT IS THE DLC?
Since 1993, the DLC advocates and promotes the importance of leveraging diversity for success in business, educational institutions, government, and community through education, training and development, and networking.
New Mexicans value and respect the diversity of all people, enabling inclusive and high-performing environments.
What we do:
- Define diversity broadly to include abilities, age, class, ethnicity, gender, income, race, religion, style, and sexual orientation, as well as other dimensions.
- Help organizations articulate the value of diversity at work.
- Clarify the relationship between EEO/AA and other approaches to diversity, in addressing individual, group, organizational, and social goals
- Support a continuous learning environment for diversity that addresses the interests of executives, managers, and diversity and EEO practitioners, human resource professionals, students, and community leaders.
- Contribute to ongoing research and understanding of diversity in its broadest dimensions.
- Provide networking opportunities and a forum for dialogue, discussion, and sharing of best practices for the benefit of member organizations.
- Sponsor annual forums and quarterly events that feature leading national experts on cutting edge workforce diversity topics.